An insurance coverage attorney analyzes whether and how an insurance policy applies in a given context. Who needs an insurance coverage attorney? Lots of people. Here are some examples:
- A policyholder whose insurance company is not paying a claim.
- A claims adjuster who is not sure whether her insurer should pay a claim.
- A policyholder who has been sued, and the insurance company is not providing a defense.
- A claims adjuster who is not sure if a duty to defend has been triggered.
- A policyholder who has been sued and whose insurance company is not reasonably engaging in settlement discussions.
- Plaintiff attorneys who are being told that there is no insurance money to pay for the defendant’s liability.
- Anybody sued in a lawsuit about insurance.